Bursar’s Office

The Bursar’s Office provides student account and billing information, receives payments for tuition, fees, and miscellaneous campus charges, provides collection of delinquent accounts, and delivers refunds and financial aid residuals after disbursement.

Correspondence from the Bursar’s Office will be sent to student’s official college id#@student.ccga.edu email account. Students are expected to check their email on a consistent basis in order to stay current with college-related communications. Each student receives instructions for accessing their account with their acceptance package.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do all those fees on my bill pay for?

Technology Fee

This $60.00 fee applies to all students. These funds will be used to purchase computers and printers for academic labs, instructional software, and multimedia equipment for classrooms. These funds will also provide additional computer lab assistants to extend lab hours.

Student Activity Fee

This is a fee of $60.00 for all students taking five or more semester credit hours or $30.00 for all students taking four or fewer credit hours. It will be used to finance student activities and services, publications, student government, entertainment, and various clubs and organizations.

Athletic Fee

This is a fee of $175.00 for students taking five or more semester credit hours or $87.50 for students taking four or fewer credit hours. It will be used to finance intercollegiate athletic activities including new programs envisioned in the Athletic Futures Committee Report which is available for review on the college website.

Campus Center Fee

This $125 fee applies to all students. The funds are used to support the debt service and maintenance of the Campus Center, which numerous students utilize for focused functions. At approximately 47,500 square feet, the building contains food service operations, the bookstore and coffee shop, theater and meeting venues, health and disability services, and the Department of Student Affairs.

Access Card Fee

This $15 fee applies to all students and supports the operations of the “One Card” system which provides students with a multi-function card that supports numerous applications. The card is used for identification, access to residential housing, financial aid distribution, meal plan tracking, bookstore and vending purchasing on campus, as well as copier services in the library.

Recreation and Intramural Fee

This $25 fee supports the organization and implementation of recreation and intramural programs for the students of the College.

What is “Matriculation”?

Matriculation is the tuition based on the number of credit hours you are registered for.

Where can I find an estimate of my costs for the semester?

Cost of attendance estimates are provided to assist you with financial planning for your education. You may find the Estimated Cost of Attendance here.

I will be receiving Financial Aid and/or scholarships. What tuition and fees must I pay by the Fee Payment Deadline?

If you will be receiving any Financial Aid and/or scholarships, a memo balance will appear on your account reflecting your estimated total amount of aid. You may subtract that estimated aid from your total balance and pay the difference. If your aid is not posted by the fee deadline, you must contact Financial Aid immediately to avoid cancellation.

Will the bill be for the entire year?

No, bills are available for the current semester (bills may include unpaid charges for previous semesters).

What if the student’s Scholarships/Financial Aid is not shown on the bill?

Please contact the office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships at 912.279.5722 for assistance.

What is the deadline to pay my fees?

The deadline to pay tuition and fees is the first day of class for the corresponding semester.

What methods of payment are accepted by the Bursar’s Office?

At the cashiers windows, we accept checks, cash, money orders, traveler’s checks, and credit cards. Online through COAST, you may pay with WebPay or with a credit card or eCheck (ACH). We do not take payment over the phone.

“Authorized Users” may also be created through the student’s account. The “Authorized User” can then pay through the link below.

Authorized User Portal

Returned Checks

A service charge of $30 shall be charged for each check that is returned. Payment for returned checks for the full amount plus service charge is required within 10 days from receipt of notice. If payment is not received within 10 days, the returned check will be turned over to the district attorney or solicitor for criminal prosecution.

Where do I mail my payment?

Please mail payments to the Bursar’s Office at the below listed address by the payment deadline. (Please include your Student ID “9200” number).

College of Coastal Georgia
Bursar’s Office
One College Drive
Brunswick, GA 31520

I have a 529 Savings Plan/Scholarship Check and will need to have the check mailed and applied toward my charges, where should I mail the check?

All plans are different, so please check with your plan administrator on how funds are issued, length of time to disburse funds, etc. Once bills are available on COAST, please send a copy of your bill to your plan administrator immediately. Please have your 529 Savings Plan or Scholarship check mailed to the Bursar’s Office at the below listed address by the payment deadline. (Please include your Student ID “9200” number)

College of Coastal Georgia
Bursar’s Office
One College Drive
Brunswick, GA 31520

What happens if I don’t pay?

Failure to pay in a timely manner could result in the student being withdrawn from classes, loss of credit received for classes, and the student may still owe a balance.

If I get dropped from my classes for nonpayment of tuition and fees, do I have to pay a fee to re-enroll into classes?

Students will be charged a $50.00 reinstatement fee (Per Occurrence) to re-enroll into classes after they have been dropped for nonpayment.

Do I get a refund if I withdraw?

The University System of Georgia Board of Regents sets the refund policy of the College of Coastal Georgia. The refund amount for students withdrawing from the institution shall be based on a pro rata percentage determined by dividing the number of calendar days in the semester that the student completed by the total calendar days in the semester. The total calendar days in the semester includes weekends, but excludes scheduled breaks of five or more days and days that a student was on an approved leave of absence. The unearned portion shall be refunded up to the point in time that the amount equals 60 percent. Students who withdraw from the institution when the calculated percentage of completion is greater than 60 percent, are not entitled to a refund of any portion of institutional charges.

A refund of all non-resident fees, matriculation fees, and other mandatory fees shall be made in the event of the death of a student at any time during the academic session. (BR Minutes, 1979-80, p.61; 1986-87, pp. 24-25, 1995, p. 246).

My bill is not correct, what office should I contact?

If your bill does not appear correct, please contact the Bursar’s Office.

Phone: 912.279.5746
Email: bursarsoffice@ccga.edu

I am a resident of Georgia, but my bill is showing the non-resident charge, who shall I contact?

If your bill is reflecting non-resident tuition, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

Phone: 912-279-5738
Email: registar@ccga.edu

I am a Border State Student, but my bill is not reflecting the Border State Tuition Waiver, who shall I contact?

If your bill is reflecting Border State Tuition Waiver, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

Phone: 912-279-5738
Email: registrar@ccga.edu

I would like to use my VA Benefits, who is my point of contact at College of Coastal Georgia?

Please contact Cammie Heinhold with questions regarding your VA Benefits or visit our Veterans Affairs web page.

Cammie Heinhold
Financial Aid Specialist
School Certifying Official
Email: cheinhold@ccga.edu
Phone: 912-279-5773

My student will be receiving funds from a Prepaid College Plan, where should I send this information so that the funds will be applied towards my student’s bill?

Notify prepaid college plan that student will be attending Coastal and that funds need to be sent. Most 529 plans will need a statement or invoice. Give invoice to 529 and college address for payment to be mailed. Include student name and ID number. Mail directly to Bursar’s Office.

Third-Party Assistance Questions

How do I qualify for third-party assistance?

Student must contact the third-party directly to find out what their qualifications are for assistance. Typically an application is required. Our third party representative can assist students who need help with the following third-party applications. Please email any questions to bursarthirdparty@ccga.edu.

Army/Airforce/Navy tuition assistance

What happens If I RECEIVE Military tuition assistance, but I must withdraw?

To comply with the new Department of Defense policy, the College of Coastal Georgia will return any unearned tuition assistance funds on a prorate basis through at least the 60 percent portion of the period for which the funds were provided. Tuition assistance funds are earned proportionally during an enrollment period, with unearned funds returned based upon when a student stops attending. These funds are returned to the military service branch.

Instances when a Service member stops attending due to a military service obligation, College of Coastal Georgia will work with the affected Service member to identify solutions that will not result in student debt for the returned portion.


Because each Third-party has unique qualifications and requirements, please ask the student to contact our third party representative at bursarthirdparty@ccga.edu. They will give students additional information about the process and explain all details regarding tuition assistance.

When will third-party vouchers/bookstore vouchers be available?

Bookstore vouchers are available after the third party representative receives billing authorizations from the third-party.  They then review the third party stipulations and student account to determine the total amount of assistance. The third party representative will send an email to students, at their College of Coastal Georgia email, as soon as their vouchers are ready to be signed and picked-up.

Nelnet Payment Plan

The College of Coastal Georgia is pleased to offer Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) as a convenient budget plan. This is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges, and there is no credit check. Enrollment in this plan is easy and available online. To learn more information on how to sign up for this program, please visit the link below!

Click Here

Simple Steps to Enroll:

  • Click here
  • Log on to the portal
  • Click on COAST
  • Click on Financial Services
  • Click on Payment Plan
Student Health Insurance
Georgia Board of Regents Student Health Insurance Plans:

For those students that need health insurance coverage, the College of Coastal Georgia is proud to offer the University System of Georgia (USG) Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) underwritten by United Health Care. This plan includes comprehensive covered benefits that meet the federal patient protection and Affordable Care Act mandates at the 80/20 coverage Gold Level. For more information here.

The core plan benefits apply to enrollment in a mandatory plan for selected student categories described below, and a voluntary plan with optional participation for all other students.

Mandatory Core Plan (International Students)

The University System of Georgia requires certain groups of students to have health insurance as a condition of enrollment. We call this “Mandatory Enrollment.” If you fall into one of the mandatory categories listed below, and you are not covered by an insurance policy (i.e. through parent plans, family plans, or employer-sponsored plans) that meets the minimum standards of insurance as set by the Board of Regents each semester (Fall and Spring/Summer), you must either enroll in, or waive out of, the USG-SHIP plan. Your registration is automatic and the charge is applied to your student bill.

  • International Scholars

If you are a mandatory student and are required to have insurance and would like to confirm your enrollment and receive your health insurance card early, please create an account.

International Student Waiver Standards

In order to be eligible to waive the student insurance plan, the student’s existing insurance plan must meet the following three requirements and one of the plan description requirements:

  • Coverage includes effective dates spanning the entire period for which the waiver is requested.
    • Summer – 06/01/2021 through 07/31/2021
    • Fall – 08/01/2020 through 12/31/2020
    • Spring – 01/01/2021 through 05/31/2021
    • Plan must cover Repatriation and Medical Evacuation, or coverage should be purchased separately to supplement the Health Plan used to waive off of the SHIP.
    • If a fully-insured plan, the plan must be approved as a health insurance plan by the state insurance department (travel policies, disability policies, hospital indemnity, accident only policies, and other limited benefit policies are not acceptable).
International Student Waiver Standards – Plan Description
  • Coverage is provided under an employer-sponsored group plan that is ACA compliant as described above. In this case, it is likely that the insured may supplement the health plan with separate Repatriation and Medical Evacuation coverage.
  • A plan that provided to sponsored students (for example, Saudi Arabia Cultural Mission, Embassy of Kuwait, Embassy of Oman, Thai Royal Embassy) that is backed by the full faith and credit of the student’s home country may be acceptable. The plans will be reviewed, and a determination made regarding comparability to the USG plan. If determined to be comparable or better, the plan will be accepted.
  • A plan provided by a pre-approved United States Cultural Exchange Program; e.g., Fulbright Programs, etc.
  • State colleges and universities allow enrollment in the UHCSR PGH Plan to meet student health insurance requirements.
Please be aware that students must opt out of the plan by applying for a waiver through the online process each semester.

Once the information has been verified, all charges will be removed from your student account. Students listed in the above categories who fail to submit creditable health insurance information will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the system-wide student health insurance plan.

Alternative Plan (International Students)

As an alternative to the UHC plan, the College of Coastal Georgia offers a plan through PGH Global for International Students. With this plan, you will need to request a waiver through United Healthcare UHC. Click here for more information.

Voluntary/Optional Core Plan (Domestic Students)

The University System of Georgia is pleased to be able to offer their students affordable, benefit-rich Student Health Insurance Plans (SHIP). While some students are required to be enrolled in a health insurance plan and are required to have insurance that meets the meets the minimum standards, optional enrollment in SHIP is also available to all students, their spouse, and dependents.

Online enrollment takes only minutes, and you can pay via credit card or eCheck.

Mariner Access Card (MAC) Info

The Mariner Access Card (MAC) is the official College of Coastal Georgia identification card and the key to the campus. With it, you can access services, attend events, and make purchases on campus without the hassle of carrying cash.

Read More Here

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

FERPA is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of students once they enter college, regardless of their age. The Bursar’s Office is not allowed to discuss information about the student’s account with anyone other than the student unless specific permission from the student has been given.

FERPA Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is FERPA?
    • Any educational institution or educational agency that receives funds under any program administered by the United States Secretary of Education is required to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended. The FERPA is a federal law that sets forth requirements regarding the privacy of student records. FERPA governs the release of records maintained by an educational institution, as well as access to those records. FERPA rights begin when a student registers and attends his/her first class. Institutions that receive funds administered by the Federal Office of Education are bound by FERPA requirements, and failure to comply may result in the loss of federal funding.

  • What rights do students have under FERPA?
    • FERPA grants four specific rights to the student:
      • The right to review and inspect their educational records;
      • The right to have their educational records amended or corrected;
      • The right to limit disclosure of some portions of their educational records;
      • The right to file a complaint with the United States Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the College to comply with the Act.
  • Who is a “student” for purposes of FERPA?
    • According to the law, a person becomes a student for purposes of FERPA when they are “in attendance” at an institution. This includes attendance in person or remotely by videoconference, satellite, internet, or other electronic and telecommunications technologies. This does not include future students or applicants to any academic program of the College. At the College, FERPA becomes effective on the first day of classes for those newly-admitted students who have scheduled at least one course. A student who accepted an admission offer but did not schedule at least one course, or a newly-admitted student who canceled his/her registration either before of after the semester begins, is not covered by FERPA.
  • What are educational records?
    • Under FERPA, educational records are defined as any personally identifiable information that is directly related to a student and maintained by an educational agency, institution, or party acting for the agency or institution. Educational records can exist in any medium, including but not limited to typewritten, handwritten, computer-generated, videotape, audiotape, film, microfilm, microfiche, and electronic mail. Educational records typically include but are not limited to grades, class lists, student course schedules, disciplinary records, student financial records, and payroll records for employees who are employed as a direct result of their status as students (e.g. work study, assistantships, resident assistants).
  • What are NOT educational records?
    • Educational records do not include the following:
      • A personal record kept by a faculty or staff member if it is kept in the sole possession of the maker of the record, is not accessible or revealed to any other person except a temporary substitute for the maker of the record, and is not used for purposes other than a memory or reference tool.
      • Records created and maintained by the College of Coastal Georgia Police Department for law enforcement purposes.
      • An employment record of an individual whose employment is not contingent on the fact that he or she is a student.
      • Records made or maintained by a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or other recognized professional or paraprofessional if the records are used only for treatment of a student and made available only to those persons providing the treatment.
      • Alumni records which contain information about a student after he or she is no longer in attendance at the university and which do not relate to the person as a student.
  • Can you explain more about “personal records” and the FERPA?
    • Personal notes, also known as sole possession notes, are made and maintained by a faculty or staff member. For example, an advisor meets with a student to discuss the upcoming semester. After the student leaves the room, the advisor documents what was discussed and files the note in his or her own file drawer. This is considered to be a personal note because it was not made in the presence of others and it was filed in the advisor’s own office. Therefore, this personal note is not part of the educational record and is not subject to FERPA.
  • Is personally identifiable information related to students, such as social security numbers, protected under FERPA?
    • Personally identifiable information relating to students must be handled in a secure manner under FERPA. This includes all records containing the student’s social security or student identification number, such as registration forms, transcripts, student information displayed on a computer screen, grades, class assignments, class rosters, student schedules, and reports. Any printed or displayed document that contains the student’s social security or student ID number is considered to be personally identifiable information, and thus is protected under FERPA.
  • What is “directory information?”
    • The College has designated the following information as “directory information”: A student’s name, participation in officially-recognized activities and sports, address, telephone listing, weight and height of members of athletic teams, electronic mail address, photograph, degrees, honors, and awards received, date and place of birth, major field of study, dates of attendance, grade level, the most recent educational agency or institution attended.
  • Is student consent required to release “directory information?”
    • No. The FERPA permits public disclosure of directory information without the student’s consent. However, the College is not required to release a student’s directory information, and the FERPA actually permits a student to block disclosure of their directory information. To prevent the disclosure of directory information, students should contact the Registrar at 912.279.5738, or via email at registrar@ccga.edu.
  • Can parents or legal guardians get student information?
    • When a student reaches the age of 18, or begins attending a post secondary institution, regardless of age, FERPA rights transfer to the student. Concerns such as progress in a course, deficiencies in a subject area, scores and grades on papers, exams, etc. are all examples of personally identifiable information that constitute part of the student’s education record. This information is protected under FERPA, and parents may not have access unless (1) the student provides written authorization that specifically identifies what information may be released to the parent(s), or (2) the parent(s) establish that the student is a dependent according to the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, Section 152.
  • Other than “directory information,” are there any other conditions under which a student’s education records may be disclosed without the student’s consent?
    • Yes, FERPA does contain some exceptions to the written consent rule. Those exceptions allow disclosure without consent under the following circumstances:
      • To College officials (including third parties under contract) with legitimate educational interests;
      • To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena;
      • To appropriate parties in a health or safety emergency in order to protect the student or others;
      • To parents with proof of dependency;
      • To parents in cases of drug or alcohol violation when the student is under the age of 21;
      • To the provider or creator of a record to verify the validity of that record (e.g. in cases of suspected fraud);
      • To organizations conducting research studies on behalf of the College, provided there is a written agreement between the College and the research organization;
      • To officials at an institution in which the student seeks or intends to enroll, or is currently enrolled
  • For purposes of the exception to the consent rule, who are “College officials?”
    • “College officials” are College employees with general or specific responsibility for promoting the educational objectives of the College, or third parties under contract with the College to provide professional, business, and similar administrative services to the College’s educational mission. Individuals whose responsibilities place them within this category include instructors, faculty advisors, admissions counselors, academic advisers, counselors, employment placement personnel, deans, department chairpersons, directors, and other administrative officials responsible for some part of the academic enterprise or one of the supporting activities, College police personnel, health staff, development officers, staff in Alumni Relations, administrative and faculty sponsors of officially recognized clubs, organizations, etc., members including students and alumni of official College committees, staff personnel employed to assist College officials in discharging professional responsibilities, and persons or entities under contract to the College to provide a specific task or service related to the College’s educational mission.
  • What constitutes “legitimate educational interest?”
    • FERPA permits College employees to have access to student education records in which they have “legitimate educational interest.” Such access does not require prior written consent of the student. Essentially, a “legitimate educational interest” exists if it is necessary for employees to carry out their responsibilities in support of the College’s educational mission. You can also think of legitimate educational interest as a “need to know” that is essential to carrying out your job responsibilities related to education. It is important to understand several points related to “legitimate educational interest”:
      • Curiosity is not a legitimate educational interest
      • A “legitimate educational interest” does not exist simply because an individual seeking education records is a College employee. Instead, the need to know must be related to the individual’s job responsibilities in support of the College’s educational mission. In other words, records should be used only in the context of official business in conjunction with the educational success of a student.
      • A college employee’s “legitimate educational interest” is limited. While the employee may have a need to access education records for students enrolled at the College, he or she does not necessarily have a similar need to view all records of students. In other words, access to information does not authorize unrestricted use.
1098-T Information
  • What is the 1098-T?
    • The 1098-T form, or Tuition Payment Statement, is mailed to the student to assist in determining eligibility to claim tax credits for educational expenses.
  • What do I do if I misplaced or did not receive a 1098-T?
    • If you misplaced or did not receive a 1098-T, you can view the 1098-T information from your COAST account by logging into the portal, clicking on COAST, clicking on Student Records, clicking on Tax Notification, entering the tax year, and clicking submit. All students will have 1098-T information on COAST. However, 1098-Ts are only reported and mailed if the tuition and fee expense exceeds the total scholarships and grants.
  • Why is there nothing represented in box 2 on my 1098-T?
    • Due to federally-mandated tax reporting requirements effective for calendar year 2018, the College will now report all payments for qualified tuition and related expenses in box 1. Please note this is different from years prior, where only “billed” information for qualified tuition and related expenses was reported in box 2.
  • What charges are considered “qualified” or “eligible” charges?
    • Eligible or qualified charges are in-state or out-of-state tuition charges required for a student to be enrolled at or attend the College of Coastal Georgia and receive academic credit for the completion of course work leading to a degree. Certain fees are also qualified charges, including athletic, recreation, student activity, technology, USG institutional and testing fees.
  • What charges are considered “non-qualified” charges?
    • Non-qualified charges include books, housing, meal plans, health fee, insurance, or transportation fees or costs, Other examples of non-qualified charges include expenses incurred for a course to enhance job skills, improve language skills, or study abroad, unless a degree program requires studying abroad.
  • What is the timeline for the 1098-T?
    • The College of Coastal Georgia reports charges billed to the account within the calendar year (Jan. 1-Dec. 31).
  • Why do my spring semester charges not appear on my 1098-T?
    • Students automatically charge their accounts when registering for classes. If you registered during early registration (typically October or November), your account was charged at that time.
  • I’m a parent. Can I have my student’s 1098-T form sent to me?
    • Students must make all information requests. The student is responsible for providing information to other parties in accordance with FERPA (Family Education Right to Privacy Act).
  • I do my own taxes. How do I found out what to do?
    • The university cannot provide tax advice. You can contact the IRS by phone or through their website to ask questions.
  • Do I actually submit the 1098-T with my tax return?
    • There is no requirement for the 1098-T to be attached along with your tax return. This document may be kept for your personal records.
Electronic 1098-T

The College of Coastal Georgia has partnered with Heartland ECSI, offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement electronically this year. To give consent to receive it electronically, follow the simple instructions here.

If you have any questions, click here for information regarding your tax documents and to obtain contact information for Heartland ECSI.

If you still have questions, contact the Bursar’s Office at 912.279.5746.

Office Information:

Phone: 912-279-5746

Mailing Address:

College of Coastal Georgia
One College Drive
Bursar’s Office
Brunswick, GA 31520