Stop, Drop, and Roll Process
- Saturday, August 7 from 10am-3pm
- Sunday, August 8 from 1pm-5pm
Stop – Packing, Planning, and Personal Safety
- You will receive an email to your Coastal Georgia and personal email addresses. This email will include a link to the move-in survey that you must complete no later than Wednesday, August 4. This survey will let you request a date/time to move in. Residence Life and Housing will send a confirmation email once you have been given a timeslot.
- Please bring the majority of your items to campus. When you return back to campus on August 14, you will plan to bring only the few remaining items to campus you may need (toiletries, overnight bag, etc.). It will help make the move-in process go so quickly!
- Reach out to your suitemate(s)/roommate(s) to build that connection with them and also minimize purchasing or bring duplicate items.
- Your family and/or friends are welcome to help you move-in!
Drop – Check In and Move In
- You will report to the Conference Center to start the check in process for move in. After you finish with the offices at the Conference Center, you will report to your designated residence hall.
- You should have your 920# number ready to give to the staff member at the check in desk at your designated residence hall. Signage will be placed outside the residence hall to indicate spacing if a line forms for checking in.
- When you arrive to your designated residence hall, you will receive your room key packet, your nametag and guest name tags, and your welcome packet. New students will receive information about setting up their digital MAC card. Returning students can continue to use their physical MAC card to access the building.
- You are encouraged to bring your own hand trucks, carts, and other assistive devices to aid in the move-in process, if possible. Only a limited number of carts will be available.
Roll – Leaving the Residence Hall
- You will have a 90 minute time period to move your items into your space and set up your room. You will be expected to closely monitor my progress and adhere to your appointment time.
- At the end of your allotted 90 minute period, you will be expected to leave the building.
- When you are completed with this check-in, you will return on Saturday, August 14 from 2pm to 6pm. If you need to request to move-in at a different date/time, you will contact the Office of Residence Life and Housing.