COAST is a web service that gives you direct access to your student records here at the College of Coastal Georgia. It not only provides you information, but it also allows you perform actions such as registering for classes or making a payment on your account. COAST is one of the applications accessible from the portal.
How can I access it?
COAST is accessible from the student portal. Click here to access COAST.
Questions that can be answered in COAST:
- From the Student Records menu, click on Registration.
- Then, select the click on Select Term and choose the term you are interested in registering.
- Review your Registration Status to make sure all holds have been removed. If you are eligible and have met with your advisor, select Add/Drop and put in the CRN number associated with the selected courses. Then, click on Submit Changes.
An error message will be received if the course cannot be added to your schedule, so you will have to make another selection. After all courses have been added, review schedule.
From Student Records menu, click on second Student Records and you will see the following options:
- View Midterm Grades – for your information only and will not be a part of your official record
- Part Term Final Grades - where you can see grades as soon as the Professor post them to COAST
- Final Grades – Only becomes available after the Registrar has completed End of Term processing; several days after finals.
- From the Student Records menu, click on Student Record, then click on View Attendance Verification.
- From the Student Records menu, click on Student Records once more.
- Then, click on Academic Transcript. Click on Select Level, and select ALL. Select University System Transcript from the Transcript Type and click Submit.
- From the Student Records menu, click on Student Account, then click on Account Detail for Term. Select the term you would like to view, and click Submit.
- From the main menu, click on Setup Payment Plan. Select the term you would like to sign up for, then click Submit. The payment plan information will populate.
Click here for more information about the payment plan option.
- From the Financial Aid menu, click on My Eligibility, then click on Student Requirements. Select the aid year from the drop-down menu, and click Submit.
Many requirements are clickable. Click on each link to complete the requirements.
- To see your Financial Aid, click on the Financial Aid section.
- Then, click on My Award Information, and then Award by Aid Year. Select the aid year you wish to check from the drop-down menu.
- You will then see several tabs. Click on the Award Overview tab to review the aid offered, or click on the Accept Award Offered tab to accept any loans offered.
- From the Financial Aid menu, click on Student Authorization, then click on Federal Funds Authorized. Select Authorize and click Submit.
- After the credit is authorized, you will be able to see if by going to the Student Records section. Then click on Student Account, and Account Detail for Term. Select the term and click Submit.
If you are already registered, you will see the tuition and fees as well as the authorized aid. If the Account Balance net of Authorized Financial Aid is negative, this means you have a credit available. Changing your schedule may alter your tuition and fees. Any changes will not be available for 24 hours.
- From the Financial Aid menu, click on My Eligibility, then click on Academic Progress.
For COAST questions related to Financial Aid, please contact Financial Aid by phone at 912-279-5722 or by email at email@example.com. For COAST questions related to student records or registration, please contact the Registrar at 912-279-5738 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For COAST questions related to your student account, balances or payments, please contact the Bursar at 912-279-5746 or by email at email@example.com.
If you have trouble accessing COAST, or if you experience any other issues, please contact the Technology Services help desk at 912-279-5760 for any additional questions.
COAST can be accessed from any browser (although Chrome is highly recommended). The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of upgrades, maintenance and scheduled outages. Users will be informed of outages through portal announcements.