OneDrive lets you easily backup, store, and share documents, photos, and files anywhere, on any device.
How much does it cost?
Currently enrolled students, graduates, faculty, and staff have access to Microsoft OneDrive through their Student ID (username for faculty and staff) at no additional cost.
How can I use it?
How Can I Share Files?
You can use OneDrive to share photos, Microsoft Office documents, other files, and entire folders with people. The files and folders you store in OneDrive are private until you decide to share them and you can stop sharing at any time.
- Go to the OneDrive website to sign in with your work or school account.
- Select the file of folder you want to share, and then select Share.
- Enter the names of the people or groups you want to share with, and a message if you want.
- (Optional) Click the drop down list to change the type of link. The Details pane opens, where you can change who can access the link and whether people can edit the item you’re sharing.
- When you’re ready to send the link, click Send.
OneDrive may be downloaded on many different personal devices. Please you the following links to access/download on your device.
The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of upgrades, maintenance and scheduled outages. Users will be informed of outages through portal announcements.
Microsoft OneDrive requires an internet connection to function properly.
Students who have officially graduated, and retirees of the college may keep their CCGA email address, and therefore their access to Microsoft OneDrive.
Former students (non graduates) and faculty/staff who no longer attend or work at the college will lose access to Microsoft OneDrive.
Please call the Helpdesk at 912.279.5760, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a ticket (requires 920######/username login) to request additional information about Microsoft OneDrive.