Coastal Georgia Student Emergency Fund
The Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management is provided limited funds to assist students who may experience hardships during their time at the College. These funds are distributed though mini-grants and are intended to ease the financial burden when unexpected or unforeseen financial hardships arise. To be eligible for the grant applicants must:
- be Coastal Georgia students in good standing and enrolled during the term when the funds would be applied.
- must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, or other unplanned event.
- be able to demonstrate his/her current financial need with supporting documentation.
Examples of appropriate uses for the fund may include, but are not limited to:
- Auto repairs when class attendance is dependent on transportation
- Replacement of personal items after a fire or natural disaster
- Short-term food/shelter when a student's health or safety is in imminent danger
- Transportation expense to attend the funeral of a member of the student's immediate family
- Purchase of eyeglasses, hearing aids, mobility devices, and/or other medical equipment that would be required to perform well academically.
The following are expenses that are generally NOT covered by this program:
- Initial purchase of books or other school supplies
- Tuition, fees, health insurance, and study abroad costs
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable), household, or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking tickets and other fines
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel or other non-essential expenses
- Expenses that could be anticipated and other non-emergency related expenses
- Expenditures resulting from poor financial management
Generally, a maximum of two (2) awards will be made to any one student during all combined enrollments at the College of Coastal Georgia. Applicants may be required to meet with a staff member to discuss their application.All emergency fund awards will be added to the students College account for disbursement.
PLEASE NOTE: Any unpaid balance on the student’s College account may be deducted from any monies awarded through this program.
Questions should be directed to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management at (912) 279-4594.
To apply for Coastal Georgia Student Emergency Funds, please complete THIS FORM.