Dear Prospective Student:
Thank you for your interest in the Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree program at College of Coastal Georgia. All applicants must already be admitted to College of Coastal Georgia. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to the School of Nursing. Admission to the Associate of Science in Nursing degree program is competitive and is based on requirements in place at the time of application to the ASN program. In order to be considered for the ASN program for the fall admission cycle, applicants must have met the following admission criteria:
1.Admission to College of Coastal Georgia. All transfer credits must be evaluated by the Registrar’s office and posted on the College of Coastal Georgia transcript upon official acceptance to the College of Coastal Georgia.
2.Complete the ASN Qualification Survey
3.Must be able to meet the Core Performance Standards
4.Successfully complete Biology 2110 (and 2110 Lab), English 1101 and Psychology 1101 to be considered as a program applicant.
5.Have a minimum grade of C in all required core courses.
6.Have a minimum of a 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA).
7.Take the required HESI A2 and submit the results with application (NO pending HESI A2 accepted). A score of 75% or higher must be achieved on the HESI A2 Assessment Exam, on no more than 2 attempts (minimum of 30 days between tests) in each of the five (5) sections: Math, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, Anatomy and Physiology, and Biology. Achieving 75% on the HESI A2does NOT guarantee admission. HESI A2 scores are valid for up to 3 years following testing.
8.If an applicant has ever received a D or F in a nursing course in any nursing program, they will be evaluated on an individual basis by the Admission and Progression Committee. If a student has received a D or F in two or more nursing courses they are not eligible for admission to the ASN program.
1.Complete the ASN Qualification Survey
2.Complete the ASN program application form and submit supporting documents (HESI Scores & Transcripts) to the School of Nursing and Health Science. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3.The School of Nursing and Health Science sends written notification of all admission decisions.
It may not be possible to admit all students who meet the minimum requirements for admission.
Admission is competitive and space is limited. If there are more qualified applicants than positions available in a nursing class, selection for admission will be based upon the following:
- Grade Point Average - greater than the minimum of 2.50
- Grades in Science courses - minimum of B is preferred
- HESI Admission Assessment A2 - minimum score of 75% ---two attempts within two years.
There are two types of admission in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Conditional acceptance is conferred until completion of the following:
- Students taking core classes the semester prior to the beginning of nursing classes must submit final grades to the School of Nursing and Health Sciences immediately at end of semester showing the core has been satisfactorily completed and student GPA maintained.
- Students must also return the Reservation Form along with required signed documents that they will receive in their School of Nursing and Health Sciences acceptance packet by the indicated deadline.
- The background check, drug screen, and immunization package described in that packet must also be purchased and the required documents uploaded and approved by the indicated deadline.
(Failure to do any of the above will result in the conditional acceptance status being revoked and student will have to reapply for admission during another cycle.)
Full acceptance is granted when all of the above requirements have been met.