THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE BSN PROGRAM HAS ENDED
Dear Prospective Student:
Thank you for your interest in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at College of Coastal Georgia. All applicants must already be admitted to College of Coastal Georgia. Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to the School of Nursing. Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program is competitive and is based on requirements in place at the time of application to the BSN program. In order to be considered for the BSN program for the fall admission cycle, applicants must have met the following admission criteria:
- 1. Admission to College of Coastal Georgia. All transfer credits must be evaluated by the Registrar’s office and posted on the College of Coastal Georgia transcript upon official acceptance to the College of Coastal Georgia.
- 2. Must be able to meet the Core Performance Standards
- 3. Earned a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.80/4.0. Admission is competitive. A GPA of 2.80 does not guarantee admission. Calculation of GPA is based on all classes taken.
- 4. Must achieve a score of at least 80% on the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam in each subject area. The following subject areas are: Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Math, Reading Comprehension, and Vocabulary/General Knowledge. If you do not take your HESI at Coastal Georgia, please note that different schools offer different parts of the HESI and you must have all the parts we require.
- 5. Successful completion of 54 semester hours in BSN core curriculum, and 60 semesters hours at the time of enrollment in nursing program with a grade of “C” or better.
- 6. Students admitted to the nursing major must maintain a minimum overall 2.8 GPA and a minimum grade of “C” in all courses prior to beginning the first nursing course
- 7. Have completed BIOL 2110, BIOL 2111, and BIOL 2215 (and corresponding labs) within the previous 5 years. If these courses are older than 5 years they may be subject to review by the Department of Nursing and Health Sciences Dean and the student may be required to retake
- 8. Must not have been excluded from this or any other nursing program for any reason, including but not limited to, academic misconduct, disruptive behavior, or program failure within 5 years prior to the application date to the program. A nursing course failure in another institution counts as a course failure at this institution.
1. Complete the BSN Program Application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Submit supporting documents (HESI Scores) to the School of Nursing and Health Science. If you did not take your HESI test at College of Coastal Georgia, then you will need to request an official transcript to be sent to email@example.com.
3. The School of Nursing and Health Science sends written notification of all admission decisions.
It may not be possible to admit all students who meet the minimum requirements for admission.
Admission is competitive and space is limited. If there are more qualified applicants than positions available in a nursing class, selection for admission will be based upon the following:
- Grade Point Average - greater than the minimum of 2.80.
- Grades in Science courses - minimum of B is preferred
- HESI Admission Assessment A2 - minimum score of 80% in each category ---two attempts within two years.
There are two types of admission in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Conditional acceptance is conferred until completion of the following:
- Students taking core classes the semester prior to the beginning of nursing classes must submit final grades to the School of Nursing and Health Sciences immediately at end of semester showing the core has been satisfactorily completed and student GPA maintained.
- Students must also return the Reservation Form along with required signed documents that they will receive in their School of Nursing and Health Sciences acceptance packet by the indicated deadline.
- The background check, drug screen, and immunization package described in that packet must also be purchased and the required documents uploaded and approved by the indicated deadline.
(Failure to do any of the above will result in the conditional acceptance status being revoked and student will have to reapply for admission during another cycle.)
Full acceptance is granted when all of the above requirements have been met.