IntroductionThe Office of Institutional Effectiveness administers different types of surveys to address core needs of the College and assess programs and inform their practice. Collectively, they form the basis of many planning, decision-making and program review activities at the College.
Survey Reports (password accessible)
Conducting Surveys on CampusWhile a survey can be a powerful tool for gathering needed information, it can also impose burdens on our community and result in poor response rates and low quality data for everyone. If you are planning to conduct a survey, please consider the following:
- Students, faculty and staff receive many requests to participate in surveys every year, and these requests are burdensome. Well-designed and carefully coordinated projects that link to specific priorities and decision-making processes at the College are more likely to be useful and less likely to squander the good will of community members.
- Surveys can be useful for gathering information about general perceptions and trends, but they are not always good tools for ‘diving deep’ into the nuances of specific topics. In many cases, focus groups, structured dialogues and/or interviews may be more useful, and they are perfectly valid ways of gathering information for many purposes. Or, institutional data may already exist that speak to your needs.
- If you will impose on people’s time to take your survey, it should be very clear how the results will be used: How they will be summarized, circulated and acted upon in service of a specific goal or activity that aligns with the College of Coastal Georgia's educational mission.
- It is important to carefully balance the trade-off between the imposition of survey requests on community members and the need to gather useful data for legitimate educational and institutional priorities.
QualtricsQualtrics is a web-based survey software that is easy to use while at the same time providing sophisticated survey techniques such as branching, conditions, etc.
Request AccessIf you meet the eligibility requirements and are faculty, staff, or a student with the College of Coastal Georgia, please contact Ron Harding, Senior Research Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutorial SupportHere are several useful Qualtrics survey tutorials for your reference:
- Beginning to Build
- Customizing Survey Pathways
- Customizing Survey Experience
- Distributing your Survey
- Analyzing your Data
- Managing your Account
- Phone support is available at 1-800-340-9194. For e-mail support, contact email@example.com
- In addition to a standard topic- or search-based help system, the Qualtrics website offers an extensive set of online resources
- Email/Phone Support is available through the Office of Institutional Effectiveness or 912.279.5774
- If you have any questions regarding the Qualtrics application, please contact Ron Harding