The HESI A2 is the admissions test for the nursing program. It replaces the previously used TEAS exam. The HESI A2 exam is 4 hours and will consist of the following categories:
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary & General Knowledge
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Learning Styles (required as part of the exam but not included in the minimum score requirement)
- Personality Styles (required as part of the exam but not included in the minimum score requirement)
- 80% in all areas-BSN
- 75% in all areas-ASN
- 75% in all areas-Radiologic Science
The student is allowed to take the exam two times within two years. Students will have to wait 30 days before re-testing.
What items can I bring to the test?
- Current Photo ID
- Copy of payment receipt
- Evolve account user and password
- Go to https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/
- Click on “Login”, then select, “Create an account” and submit the requested personal information.
What are the testing fees?
There is a $64 non-refundable proctoring fee that must be paid in the Bursars office (located in the Andrews Center). It is very important to keep your payment receipt in order to book your appointment. Payment must be made before you can be added to the testing center’s calendar. Please provide your receipt number when making your appointment.
Are there any security requirements that I need to consider?
NO personal items are allowed in the testing room. This includes hats, book bags, purses, sunglasses, cell phones, IPad/tablets, personal computers, watches, Fitbit watches, etc. Scratch paper, pencils and calculator will be provided by the testing center.
When is the test offered?
**Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time**