Coastal Georgia Association of Nursing Students (CGANS)
CGANS is a student nurse organization at the College of Coastal Georgia in which students are allowed to join and participate in campus and community events. The organization encompasses students from our Associate and Baccalaureate nursing programs.
CGANS represents commitment and excellence to students on our Brunswick and Camden campuses, as well as serving the coastal community. CGANS was awarded the "5 Sails of Excellence Award" for student clubs in 2016 and 2017.
Events in which CGANS has participated
- Student involvement fair
- Mariner's Fest
- Anchor Day (for prospective students)
- Homecoming and student tailgate party
- Partnership with OneBlood organization to provide blood drives on campus
- Partnership with local recovery and safe house foundations for adults and youth; collecting donations and fundraising
- Education on House of Hope (youth trafficking safe house) and heart health at the Glynn County Fair
- "Lunch and Learn" series on important topics related to healthcare professionals