Coastal Georgia Association of Nursing Students (CGANS)
CGANS is a student nurse organization at the College of Coastal Georgia in which students are allowed to join and participate in campus and community events. The organization encompasses students from our Associate, Baccalaureate, and Pre-Nursing programs.
The College of Coastal Georgia has awarded CGANS the coveted "5 Sails of Excellence Award" for student clubs each year since its launch in 2016. In accomplishing that goal, CGANS represents commitment and excellence to students on our Brunswick and Camden campuses, as well as serving the coastal community.
Events CGANS participates in or chairs
- Student involvement fair on Brunswick campus
- Nursing Program education at the Camden Center
- Mariner's Fest
- Blue and White Day (for prospective students)
- Homecoming and student tailgate party
- Partnership with OneBlood organization to provide blood drives monthly on the Brunswick campus
- Partnership with local recovery and safe house foundations for adults and youth; collecting donations and fundraising
- Education on House of Hope (youth trafficking safe house) and heart health at the Glynn County Fair
- "Lunch and Learn" series on important topics related to healthcare professionals