HESI A-2: Information You Need To Know
The College of Coastal Georgia requires all prospective students to take the HESI A-2 exam. Students who are applying for the Associates of Science Nursing program will need to score 75% or higher, while students applying to the Bachelors of Science Nursing program will need to score 80% or higher.
The College of Coastal Georgia tests in the following 5 components.
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary & General Knowledge
- Anatomy & Physiology
The College of Coastal Georgia will offer the following testing dates in the testing center.
- Fall 2019 : October 29th, October 30th, October 31st, November 1th, November 8th, November 20th
- Spring 2020: January 21th, January 28th, January 29th, January 30th, January 31st, February 19th, February 20th
Instructions for signing up for the HESI A-2 in the College of Coastal Georgia Testing Center.
Distance Testing is available for students who are unable to take the test here. If you are taking the exam at another location, make sure you input the school code for College of Coastal Georgia (201728), and only take the components we require.
- The HESI exam can only be taken 2 times within a 2 year period.
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements the first time you take the HESI exam, you must wait 30 days to retake.
- If you are retaking the test, you only need to retake the portion of the test where you did not meet the minimum requirement.
- If you retake the entire test the 2nd time, the admission committee will only look at your scores from the 2nd test.
- All HESI testing must be complete when you submit your application.