TRiO Student Support Services
The TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) program is a federally funded grant program through the Department of Education. The goal of TRiO Student Support Services is to improve the success rates of college students who qualify to participate in the program by providing a variety of support services.
A student is eligible to participate in TRiO SSS if he/she is accepted to enroll the following semester or enrolled as seeking an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) with plans to complete a bachelor's program and taking at least 6 credit hours that semester.
- Additionally a student is eligible for the program if he/she meets one or more criteria
of a, b, or c
AND 2 and 3 below. That the student;
- Is a first-generation college student (neither of the student's parents or guardians received a bachelor's degree)
- Comes from a low-income family (as defined by Federal guidelines)
- Has a disability (must be documented with the Office of Disability Services at the College of Coastal Georgia)
- Is a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the same
- Has a need for academic services (need for academic intervention)
The TRiO program offers a variety of free services to eligible participants, including:
- Academic tutoring assistance in most subjects
- Peer mentoring and support from other successful TRIO students and faculty
- TRiO scholarships and assistance applying for college scholarships
- Intensive academic advising and counseling
- Career and college major counseling
- Financial aid economic literacy workshops
- Support and advocacy
Stop by the TRiO center and complete an application, or fill out an application. Completed applications may be turned into the TRIO Student Support Services office, located within the library, or may be mailed to TRIO Student Support Services, College of Coastal Georgia, One College Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520. Once you have turned in the application, you will be scheduled for a one-on-one appointment with a TRiO advisor. For questions or more information, please contact the TRiO office at 912.279.5795.
Hours of Operations
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
TRIO Student Support Services
College of Coastal Georgia
One College Drive
Brunswick, GA 31520