Goal B3: Develop a culture of evidence, accountability and continuous improvement
Objective B 3.1. Standardize the practice of integrating assessment into teaching
- Hired an Assessment Specialist to assist with the planning, review and evaluation of curricular and co-curricular initiatives.
- Implemented new course evaluation software (SmartEvals) and developed communication campaign to increase completion rates
- Implemented a course improvement model and procedure for online courses, such as Quality Matters to improve course design and learning outcomes; increase retention and enrollment; increase value of course assessment; increase response rates to online evaluations; improved course evaluation for online courses.
- Continued to create policies and procedures to ensure quality of online courses.
- Coordinated and submitted the SACSCOC Fifth-Year Interim Review Report and provided follow up on the establishment of key performance indicators associated with monitoring student achievement. Except for one recommendation to provide projections for student achievement criteria, the remaining 16 standards were fully met with no further follow-up required. The College was found in compliance with institutional effectiveness, program curriculum, policy compliance, distance education, Title IX program responsibilities, financial aid audits, student support services, physical facilities, and QEP update, among the evaluated standards. SACSCOC approved the College's Referral Report that brings the College into full compliance through 2022.
- Reconstructed the entire assessment portion of the Institutional Effectiveness website with more user-friendly content to assist with assessment-oriented course, program and institutional level evaluations
- Updated the CCGA Substantive Change Policy Manual to provide School Deans and department chairs a better understanding of the processes and procedure associated with this SACSCOC accreditation requirement.
- Revised a professional development eLearning office course to provide a way for faculty to learn to teach more effectively in a distance education environment. Defined and developed measures to determine effectiveness of online training and explored the development of communities of practice programs for faculty. The office provided regular personalized instructional design and online pedagogy support to faculty.
- Engaged the eLearning Advisory Committee, consisting of faculty that teach distance learning courses and key student support staff, in refining policies and procedures to support online teaching, as well as resolving common online learning concerns thereby promoting continuous process improvement in distance programming.
Objective B 3.2. Enhance the effectiveness of student support services
- Developing a Professional Development and Training in Academic Advising for Faculty/Mentors.
- Provided one-on-one training for faculty, in addition to advisors attending meetings in Sciences/Math, Arts and Humanities, Health Sciences, and Business to provide updates and answer advising questions.
- Implemented the Certified Peer Educator Program on both campuses and certified two classes of peer educators over two semesters who were involved in a wide variety of health education programming on campus.
- Provided to qualified students with disabilities who self-identify, request them and complete intake process as outlined in USG policies.