Banner 9 is a major upgrade to the Banner Student Information system. According to Ellucian, “Banner® 9 by Ellucian is no ordinary upgrade. It delivers a fresh user experience, all-new tools, and significantly improved capabilities across Banner, driving new efficiencies so you can focus on student success”.
The most significant change for end users is the transformation of Internet Native Banner (INB) forms into web pages. One of the benefits of this transformation is that it eliminates the need to run Java. As a result, Banner will be accessible from multiple browsers.
- A modernized interface provides enhanced usability. The learning curve will be shorter for new Banner users, while existing users will have access to new features.
- The improved searching and filtering capabilities will allow more flexibility to perform quick searches.
- Users will be able to access Banner through Single-Sign-On.
- During the transition, Internet Explorer is the only browser that can be used to access Banner. Once all the Banner 8 forms have been transformed to the new version, Banner will be accessible from other browsers.
- Banner 9 by Ellucian: Watch this short video to get a broad introduction to Banner 9.
- Getting Started with Banner 9: Watch this video for an overview of the user interface and keyboard shortcuts.
- Ellucian Hub: The Ellucian Hub provides training videos and resources to learn about the new features and capabilities available in Banner 9. To obtain an Ellucian Hub account, go to Ellucian Hub Registration page. Enter your CCGA e-mail address, and submit the form. You will receive communication from Ellucian about what to do next.
- Banner 9 Quick Navigation Guide: This quick guide provides helpful tips on the new look and feel of Banner 9, including new keyboard shortcuts.
- Getting Started with Your Administrative Applications: Intended for end users, this document provides a more detailed description of the new tools and features of Banner 9.
- Online Help: While using Banner 9, click on the "?" on the top right corner of each page to access the Banner Online Help. A new window will open displaying help information pertinent to the specific page. Use the left panel to access help information for other pages.
Timeline at a Glance
- March 5, 2018: Banner 9 available for testing
- May 29, 2018: Application Xtender available for testing
- July 13, 2018 5:00 p.m. - July 18, 2018 8:00 a.m.: Upgrade window. The following applications will be unavailable during those dates:
- COAST and Online Payment Systems
- Argos (service will be available but irregular during the upgrade window)
- Gerald's pages (service will be available but irregular during the upgrade window)
- July 18, 2018: Banner 9 available. Banner INB icon will be removed from the portal.
Please complete the following survey if you are interested in attending a 1-hour training session: Banner 9 Training session sign-up
This session is designed to cover the basic changes between Banner 8 and Banner 9, as well as a high overview of the new features. This session is for light users who did not access Banner 9 during the testing phase.
Please contact the help desk to request additional information about Banner 9.