College of Coastal Georgia Presidential Search
A Message from the Chair:
My name is Dr. Tanya Cofer, and I am chair of the College of Coastal Georgia Presidential Search and Screen Committee (PSSC) at CCGA. Our charge from the Board of Regents is to seek qualified candidates for the position of CCGA President, screen candidates for the position, interview candidates and provide the names of 3-5 unranked persons to the Chancellor of the University System of Georgia and the Special Regents Search Committee, which will make the final choice as to who will become our next president.
Our goal is to identify the best possible candidates to provide leadership for our institution. We are managing this process to achieve that goal; however, we need your help and assistance as we move through this effort.
In order for us to be effective in the screening process, it is important that we get input and insights from CCGA faculty and staff, students, alumni, community partners, and the citizens of Brunswick and the surrounding area as to the qualities and expectations we desire in the next CCGA president. To that end, the PSSC will be organizing and holding a series of Listening Sessions on the Brunswick and Camden Center campuses to allow our many stakeholders to help us further define the future president’s desired qualities, qualifications, and vision for CCGA.
Our Listening Tour schedule will begin in mid-January and will continue for several weeks. Once we have these sessions scheduled, we will post the times, dates, and locations on this page, so check back soon. We hope that you will plan to attend one.
We expect that the Board of Regents will announce their choice for the presidency sometime in the late spring or early summer of 2018. To attract the best leader for CCGA, please note that we will be protecting the confidentiality of candidates as they move through the search process, and interviews will not be open to the public. We are taking this approach as it is designed to ensure we engage a broad, high profile, and excellent pool of qualified candidates to include sitting presidents and provosts who, if not chosen when publicly pursuing this position, would be negatively impacted in their current post and institution.
This is an exciting time for all of us at the College of Coastal Georgia, and for the broader community we serve. Please join us in our effort to help select the College of Coastal Georgia’s next president.
Chair, Presidential Search and Screen Committee
Presidential Search and Screen Committee
- Tanya Cofer, Ph.D., associate professor and chair, Department of Mathematics; Presidential Search Committee chair
- Tamera Adams, head resident assistant, student
- Tiffany Davis, associate director of Residence Life and Housing/deputy Title IX coordinator and chair, CCGA Staff Assembly; CCGA alumna
- Jennifer Gray, Ph.D., associate professor of English; senator, CCGA Faculty Senate
- Karen Hambright, Ph.D., professor of psychology and chair, CCGA Faculty Senate
- Kay Hampton, MSN, interim provost and vice president for Academic Affairs
- C. Tate Holbrook, Ph.D., assistant professor of biology and chair-elect, CCGA Faculty Senate
- Charles T. Hopkins III, DMD, Plantation Dental Associates; CCGA Foundation trustee
- Wayne Johnson, president/CEO, The Coastal Bank of Georgia and CCGA Foundation chair
- Jack Kilgore, retired president, Consumer Brands Division, Rich Products Corporation and CCGA Foundation immediate past chair
- Cedric King, manager of community relations, Pinova; CCGA Foundation trustee
- Don Mathews, Ph.D., professor of economics, School of Business and Public Management
- Macy Patten, president, CCGA Student Government Association
- Lydia Watkins, DNP, assistant professor and chair, Department of Nursing & Health Sciences
Nominations may be sent directly to: