College of Coastal Georgia's Camden Center is close to home and affordable
If you are a student interested in earning a degree and you live near Camden County, or north Florida you should consider the closest and most affordable college. That college is College of Coastal Georgia's Camden Center. The Camden Center offers over 70 face-to-face classes and over 125 online classes each term. Students can mix and match classroom and online offerings to meet difficult schedules while saving on expenses and time related to travel.
”The College of Coastal Georgia is committed to making educational opportunities more accessible and programs that meet employer, community, and workforce demand for all students near the Camden Center. Many service and professional jobs now necessitate and require the skill sets of a trained individual. The Camden Center also offers a full catalog of core courses, as well, a career associate degree in the University System of Georgia’s only American Culinary Federation (AFC) accredited Culinary Arts program.
The College is accepting applications daily for the upcoming semester. For information on applying, visit www.ccga.edu/admissions, call, or just stop by:
- Camden Center Main Office Directory: 912.510.3300
- Camden Center Administrative Office Direct: 912.510.3301
- Camden Center Coordinator: Jana Martinez 912.510.3369
- Camden Center Financial Aid & Student Services Manager: Jimia Nightingale 912.510.3321
- Camden Center Academic Adviser: Jennifer Wadman 912.510.3323
- Camden Center Bursar's Office: Angela Campbell & Jennifer Smith 912.510.3389
- Camden Center Personal Counseling, Career Counseling, and Disability Services: Cheryl Van Dyke 912.510.3305
- Camden Center Security: Mike Ellerson 912.510.3306
The Camden Center is an extension center of the College of Coastal Georgia located in Kingsland, 20 miles north of Jacksonville, Florida. Students may take a wide variety of core courses in Humanities, Mathematics, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences, as well as Business and Education towards their associate degree at the Center.
The Center also houses the Culinary Arts Associate of Applied Science Degree Program which is accredited by the American Culinary Federation.
The College began offering classes in Camden County in 1983, initially on the Kings Bay military base. The 101,000 square-foot Camden Center opened in May 2004, featuring a beautiful rotunda, a 270-seat auditorium, classrooms, chemistry and biology laboratories, full-service library/learning center, the teaching kitchen, and demonstration dining room. Bill Garlen is the Dean/Director of the Camden Center.