Reaffirmation of Accreditation
IntroductionThe Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) notified the College of Coastal Georgia that the SACSCOC Board of Trustees took action at its June 2012 annual meeting to reaffirm accreditation without any follow-up recommendations for the next ten years. The SACSCOC Committees on Compliance and Reports reviewed the Report of the Reaffirmation Committee, which relied on a comprehensive submission from the College in March 2011 and an on-site peer review visit to the campus in October 2011.
Satisfying SACSCOC standards and requirements for reaffirmation followed a substantive review for continued accreditation for the College’s awarding associate and baccalaureate degrees as a four-year institution. Completing both in such a concentrated span of time is a testament to the fortitude and teamwork of the College’s senior administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- 2012 Reaffirmation Letter (July 11, 2012)
SACSCOC Reaffirmation 2022
|SACSCOC Leadership Orientation||December 2019|
|Compliance Certification**||March 2021|
|Off-Site Committee Review||April 2021|
|Submit Response to Off-Site Report/QEP||Six Weeks Before Visit|
|On-Site Committee Visit||September - November 2021|
|Submit Response to On-Site Committee Report||March 2022|
|SACSCOC Reaffirmation Decision||June 2022|
Steps to Reaffirmation
SACSCOC provides several key steps to reaffirmation as noted in its Handbook for Reaffirmation of Accreditation:
- The Commission staff conducts an orientation for the institution’s Leadership Team.
- The institution prepares and submits its Compliance Certification and relevant supporting documentation (and annual institutional profiles) to the Commission on Colleges.
- The Off-Site Review Committee reviews the Compliance Certification and supporting documentation attesting to the institution’s determination of its compliance with all Core Requirements and Comprehensive Standards with the exception of Core Requirement Twelve, which relates to the Quality Enhancement Plan. The Off- Site Committee prepares a report of its findings.
- The Commission staff communicates to the institution the findings of the report prepared by the Off-Site Review Committee. The institution may choose to submit a Focused Report in response to the committee’s findings. The On-Site Committee receives a written copy of the Off-Site Committee’s report and the institution’s Focused Report, if one is submitted.
- The institution submits its Quality Enhancement Plan to the Commission.
- The On-Site Review Committee visits the institution to review and determine the acceptability of the QEP, to review areas of noncompliance and other areas of concern noted by the Off-Site Committee, and to review any areas of concern that surface during the visit.
- The On-Site Committee submits its report to the Commission.
- The institution prepares a response to the On-Site Committee’s report and submits it to the Commission.
- The Commission reviews the findings included in the report of the On-Site Committee and the institution’s response and takes action on the institution’s reaffirmation.