CCGA Bursar Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What do all those fees on my bill pay for?

Institutional Fee

This $225 fee applies to all students and has been established by the University System of Georgia Board of Regents to protect the College's core teaching mission and maintain academic quality.

Technology Fee

This $60.00 fee applies to all students. These funds will be used to purchase computers and printers for academic labs, instructional software, and multimedia equipment for classrooms. These funds will also provide additional computer lab assistants to extend lab hours.

Student Activity Fee

This is a fee of $60.00 for all students taking 5 or more semester credit hours or $30.00 for all students taking 4 or fewer credit hours. It will be used to finance student activities and services, publications, student government, entertainment, and various clubs and organizations.

Athletic Fee

This is a fee of $175.00 for students taking 5 or more semester credit hours or $87.50 for students taking 4 or fewer credit hours. It will be used to finance intercollegiate athletic activities including new programs envisioned in the Athletic Futures Committee Report which is available for review on the college website.

Campus Center Fee

This $125 fee applies to all students. The funds are used to support the debt service and maintenance of the Campus Center, which numerous students utilize for focused functions. At approximately 47,500 square feet, the building contains food service operations, the bookstore and coffee shop, theater and meeting venues, health and disability services, and the Department of Student Affairs.

Access Card Fee

This $15 fee applies to all students and supports the operations of the "One Card" system which provides students with a multi-function card that supports numerous applications. The card is used for identification, access to residential housing, financial aid distribution, meal plan tracking, bookstore and vending purchasing on campus, as well as copier services in the library.

Recreation and Intramural Fee

This $25 fee supports the organization and implementation of recreation and intramural programs for the students of the college.

Return To Top

What is “Matriculation”?

Matriculation is the tuition based on the number of credit hours you are registered for.

Where can I find an estimate of my costs for the semester?

Cost of attendance estimates are provided to assist you with financial planning for your education. You may find the Estimated Cost of Attendance at

I will be receiving Financial Aid and/or scholarships. What tuition and fees must I pay by the Fee Payment Deadline?

If you will be receiving any Financial Aid and/or scholarships, a memo balance will appear on your account reflecting your estimated total amount of aid. You may subtract that estimated aid from your total balance and pay the difference. If your aid is not posted by the fee deadline, you must contact Financial Aid immediately to avoid cancellation.

Will the bill be for the entire year?

No, bills are available for the current semester (bills may include unpaid charges for previous semesters).

What if the student's Scholarships/Financial Aid is not shown on the bill?

Please contact the office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships at 912.279.5722 for assistance.

What is the deadline to pay my fees?

The deadline to pay tuition and fees is the first day of class for the corresponding semester.

What methods of payment are accepted by the Bursar's Office?

At the Cashiers windows, we accept checks, cash, money orders, traveler's checks, and credit cards. Online through COAST, you may pay with WebPay or with a credit card or eCheck (ACH). We do not take payment over the phone.

Returned Checks

A service charge of $30 shall be charged for each check that is returned. Payment for Returned checks for the full amount plus service charge is required within ten days from receipt of notice. If payment is not received within ten days, the returned check will be turned over to the district attorney or solicitor for criminal prosecution.

Where do I mail my payment?

Please mail payments to the Bursar's Office at the below listed address by the payment deadline. (Please include your CCGA Student ID "9200" number)

College of Coastal Georgia
Bursar's Office
One College Drive
Brunswick, GA 31520

I have a 529 Savings Plan/Scholarship Check and will need to have the check mailed and applied toward my charges, where should I mail the check?

All Plans are different, so please check with your Plan Administrator on how funds are issued, length of time to disburse funds, etc. Once bills are available on COAST, please send a copy of your bill to your Plan Administrator immediately. Please have your 529 Savings Plan or Scholarship check mailed to the Bursar's Office at the below listed address by the payment deadline. (Please include your CCGA Student ID "9200" number)

College of Coastal Georgia
Bursar's Office
One College Drive
Brunswick, GA 31520

Is there a way to make my payment in installments?

College of Coastal Georgia is pleased to offer Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) as a convenient budget plan. This is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges, and there is no credit check. Enrollment in this plan is easy and available online. See Tuition Payment Plan (Nelnet)

What happens if I don’t pay?

Failure to pay in a timely manner could result in the student being withdrawn from classes, loss of credit received for classes, and the student may still owe a balance.

If I get dropped from my classes for nonpayment of tuition and fees, do I have to pay a fee to re-enroll into classes?

Students will be charged a $50.00 reinstatement fee (Per Occurrence) to re-enroll into classes after they have been dropped for nonpayment.

My bill is not correct, what office should I contact?

If your bill does not appear correct, please contact the Bursar's Office.

Phone: 912.279.5746
Fax: 912.262.2389

I am a resident of Georgia, but my bill is showing the non-resident charge, who shall I contact?

If your bill is reflecting non-resident tuition, please contact the Office of Admission.

Phone: 912-279-5730

I am a Border State Student, but my bill is not reflecting the Border State Tuition Waiver, who shall I contact?

If your bill is reflecting Border State Tuition Waiver, please contact the Office of Admission.

Phone: 912-279-5730

I would Like to use my VA Benefits, who is my point of contact at CCGA?

Please contact Valeska Carter with questions regarding your VA Benefits or click here to visit the College of Coastal Georgia Veterans Affairs web page.

Valeska Carter
Financial Aid Specialist
School Certifying Official
Phone: 912-279-5724

My account is paid in full but now I have a credit, how can I receive my Refund?

The College of Coastal Georgia offers students the opportunity to select how refunds or distributions are received. These choices are traditional direct deposit to the banking institution of their choice or electronic disbursement to the student's Mariner Access Card (MAC).

Students must complete the online election process by logging into their MYCCGA account and clicking the YOUR MONEY YOUR CHOICE link (See Below). Students must provided the name of their financial institution, identify the type of account (checking or Savings), provide the account routing and account numbers in order to select direct deposit. This information is not required if the MAC is selected for disbursements/refunds.

My student will be receiving funds from a Prepaid College Plan, where should I send this information so that the funds will be applied towards my student's bill?

Information regarding Prepaid College Plans can be submitted to Deborah Miles. She can be reached at ( or 912-279-4507)

Return To Top

Third-Party Assistance Questions

How do I qualify for third-party assistance?

Student must contact the third-party directly to find out what their qualifications are for assistance. Typically an application is required. Deborah Miles ( or 912-279-4507) can assist students who need help with the following third-party applications:

Army/Airforce/Navy tuition assistance

If students need contact information for third-party representatives, or if they think they may qualify for third party assistance, please refer them to Deborah Miles ( or 912-279-4507)

I qualify for third-party assistance, what now?

Because each Third-party has unique qualifications and requirements, please ask the student to contact Deborah Miles at ( or 912-279-4507). She will give students additional information about the process and explain all details regarding tuition assistance.

When will third-party vouchers/bookstore vouchers be available?

Bookstore vouchers are available after Deborah Miles receives billing authorizations from the third-party. She then reviews the third party stipulations and student account to determine the total amount of assistance. Deborah will send an email to students, at their CCGA email, as soon as their vouchers are ready to be signed and picked-up.

Return To Top

powered by finalsite