Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
The mission of the College’s Behavioral Intervention Team is to provide a proactive and supportive multi-disciplinary team approach to prevention, assessment, intervention, and management of situations that may impact the safety and well-being of individuals or the College community.
If you are concerned that an individual is an imminent threat to any person’s personal safety, including their own, call the College of Coastal Georgia Police Department at 912.258.3133 (Brunswick), 912.552.5277 (Camden), or call 911.
Members of the Behavioral Intervention Team:
- Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students, Title IX Coordinator (Chairperson)
- Assistant Vice President for Academic Student Engagement
- Director of Counseling and Disability Services
- Chief of Police
- Associate Director of Residence Life and Housing/Deputy Title IX Coordinator
- Other College officials, as appropriate
- Community mental health professionals, as appropriate.
Students, faculty, and staff may make referrals through the below referral form. You may also email BIT@ccga.edu or call 912-279-5815. All referrals and any supporting documentation will be forwarded to the Chairperson of the BIT. For more information contact the Dean of Students at 912.279.5815.
The Behavioral Intervention Team referral form can be found here.