Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Laura Grantham, MSN, RN
WHY CHOOSE THE BSN PROGRAM AT COASTAL GEORGIA?
The Nursing Program has expanded their commitment to the community beyond the four walls of a classroom. Students integrate and apply theory to practice through unique hands on experiences, including:
- Service-learning: Through this unique design students design and implement health strategies for the Coastal community and civic engagement.
- Miriam & Hugh Nunnally Health Science Building: The second floor is designed to meet fundamental and high-level skills needs of the nursing student through our state-of-the-art simulation facilities. here students engage in critical thinking through hands-on skill training, collaboration, and high-fidelity simulation sessions designed to meet real-life nursing scenarios experienced in practice.
- Clinical Experiences: The SONHS has developed important partnerships with a number of healthcare agencies and hospital system, including: Brunswick, Savannah, Waycross, and Camden, Through our available partnerships students gain a variety of valuable practice experience.
In addition to high expectations in the rigorous courses, and student-community engagement through service-learning, faculty members also establish and model high professional standards for students.
Faculty frequently present their work at regional and national conferences, and encourage and provide the opportunity for their students to do the same. Faculty often hear back from employers that these professional development student opportunities are what set our graduates apart from other schools.
- The Bachelor Degree in Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) through Spring 2024 . http://www.acenursing.org/
- Address: 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA, 30326; Phone at 404-975-5000; Fax at 404-975-5020
- The BSN program was ranked #1 out of 2053 programs nationwide with the 2014 graduates, was ranked #1 out of 2086 programs with the 2015 graduates, and was ranked #1 Ranked out of 2095 programs by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- The Bachelor of Science program recently had four consecutive programs that scored a 100% pass rate on the NCLEX-RN national licensure exam.
- Rated #2 out of 51 schools in the state of Georgia by RegisteredNursing.org for 2018
- College of Coastal Georgia Nursing Honor Society
- Founded in 2016 and sharing a mission with Sigma Theta Tau International, one of the largest, most respected, international honor societies in the world.
- Students represent the top 35% of the class and must be in good academic standing.
- National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)
- 4 of the last 5 years, the BSN program has achieved a 100% pass rate for first time licensure testing
- BSN End of Program Students Learning Outcomes
- At least 95% of BSN graduates acquire jobs in the healthcare system within 6 months; with many students already offered employment prior to graduation.
- Healthcare facilities who are familiar with the BSN graduates often seek them out for employment upon graduation. Employer satisfaction surveys show that graduates meet, or oftentimes, exceed expectations after six months to a year of employment as a registered nurse.
For more information
Nursing Program Specialist
Southeast Georgia Health System
Distinguished Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences