Updated COVID-19 Information
As we approach the beginning of Fall '22 semester, we are deeply grateful for your patience and flexibility as we faced unprecedented and unforeseen challenges presented by the pandemic. Together, we persevered! Please join us in recognizing the tireless efforts and leadership of Ms. Phyllis Broadwell, Dr. Michael Butcher, and the members of the COVID Response Team. Their diligent work contributed greatly to keeping the College community safe and supported.
Many in our Mariner community have received the COVID-19 vaccine. The College continues to partner with the Southeast Georgia Health System, the Georgia Department of Public Health (GDPH), and multiple retail pharmacies to provide access to first, second, and booster doses of the vaccine free of charge to faculty, staff, and students. For more information on how and where to get a COVID-19 vaccine, please contact the Student Health Center at 912-279-4537 or email@example.com.
As public health conditions and treatments improve, the College will begin treating COVID-19 as we do other contagious illnesses. Effective Aug. 1, 2022, the College will no longer require reporting of COVID-19 exposure or positive test results. The following related measures will also be discontinued:
- Accommodations for isolation and quarantine in housing and dining
- Notifications to faculty regarding students' positive test results or close contact exposure
- Weekly positive case data reports
Please continue to follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines in terms of vaccination recommendations, COVID-19 testing, self-quarantining/self-monitoring protocol, and personal hygiene (handwashing, social distancing, mask wearing, etc.). As we have done throughout the pandemic, we will continue to follow guidance from GDPH to adjust our protocols as needed to support a safe and healthy environment.
Looking forward to a great fall semester!
- Housing Guidelines
- Students: Have you tested positive or been exposed to COVID-19? Click here for next steps.
- Employees: Have you tested positive or been exposed to COVID-19? Click here for next steps.
- Coronavirus Updates
- Social Distancing
- Alternate Work Arrangements (Employees)
- Alternate Educational Arrangements (Students)
- Face Coverings
- Contact Tracing, Quarantine, and Isolation
- Events and Gatherings
- International Travel/Arrivals
- Student Life and Enrollment Management
- Students: Steps for Reporting - Full Policy & COVID Response Team (CRT)