Reporting Emergencies - Hazardous Materials
Don't try to clean up a chemical spill unless you know the chemical(s) involved, the protective equipment and materials needed, and how to proceed without endangering yourself or others. In the event of a spill:
- Give first aid (if you are trained to do so) to the injured persons.
- Confine the spill by spreading absorbent material around the spill area.
- If flammable liquids are spilled, extinguish all sources of ignition (such as Bunsen burners) and do not turn on any electrical switches (such as lights) or equipment.
- Notify the CCGA Police at 912.258.3133.
Hazardous Gas Leaks
For known or suspected gas leaks:
- Turn off the gas source, if possible.
- Extinguish sources of ignition. Don't turn on any electrical devices (such as lights).
- Evacuate the room and shut the door.