Recycling Off Campus - Glynn CountyGlynn County provides Curbside Recycling service to all customers who have paid for regular garbage pick-up. For more information visit their website at www.glynncounty.org or call Glynn County Customer Service at 912.554.7111.
Southland Waste Systems is the service provider for both garbage and recyclables.
Curbside Recycling Resources
City Recycling Drop-Off Sites
- Brunswick Fire Station #1, 1201 Gloucester Street
- Brunswick Fire Station #3, 3129 4th Street
- City Hall Annex, 503 Mansfield Street
- Batteries - Lowes, Radio Shack
- Cardboard - City Recycling Containers (referenced above), paper and cardboard are also accepted at all Glynn County Schools
- Cell Phones - Target (bins in front of store near Starbucks)
- CFL Light Bulbs – Lowes
- Electronics & Computers (not including TVs)
- Atlanta Recycling Solutions – schedule a bulk pickup with David Loxsom, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR) - will take small drop-offs (household electronics) – Call ahead and ask for Wylie Goodloe, 912.264.7218
- Annual electronics drop-off at Glynn Place Mall, 3rd Saturday in May from 9-1. May 21, 2011 (no TVs).
- Dataline Computer Service in Brunswick will take working computers, monitors, etc, which will then be donated. Contact Rodney at 912.264-6199
- Glass - Accepted at Target (large quantites can be dropped off around back)
- Motor Oil / Antifreeze - Any reputable lube shop
- Paint - Southland Waste Systems will pickup "dried" paint cans in the regular curbside pickup. Call 912.554.7111 for disposal of "liquid" paint waste.
- Paper - City Recycling Containers (referenced above), paper and cardboard are accepted at all Glynn County Schools
- Plastic Grocery Bags (film plastics) - Return to grocerty store or Target
- Printer Cartridges - Target (bins in front of store near Starbucks)
- Printer Toner (laser jet) - Staples, Office Depot
- Styrofoam - Most styrofoam cannot be recycled. There are no styrofoam recycling resources available at this time.
- Tires - Any reputable tire company (Sears, Midas, Tires Plus). Some may charge a disposal fee, so call around.
- TVs - Waste Management, 888.964.9730 or Liberty Roll-off, 912.466.9144 (disposal fee required for TVs)