José Bowen (2012) urged faculty and administrators to re-think the way technology is viewed on college campuses. Bowen (2012) wrote, “There are times when we want a better website and times when we want to talk to a real person. Getting the balance of humanity and technology right is everyone’s new mission” (p. 49). Whether you are developing an online course, looking for ideas to add some instructional technology spice to an existing course, or simply need feedback on a project, the department of eLearning can help you find the right balance between technology and humanity. Simply put, the mission of eLearning is to help faculty use technology in ways that are elegant, efficient, and engaging.
Key services include:
- Online/hybrid course development and instructional design support
- Consultation, workshops, and support for integrating technology into teaching
- Assistance with Brightspace (D2L)
- Best practices for using Respondus, Blackboard Collaborate, Smarter Measure, and TurnItIn
Contact Dr. Lisa McNeal for more information or to schedule a consultation about online/hybrid course development, advanced features of D2L, or other instructional technologies.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 912.279.4505
Bowen, J. (2012). Teaching naked: How moving technology out of your college classroom will improve student learning. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.