College of Coastal Georgia Fitness Center Policies
Patrons are responsible for complying with all policies stated hereafter. A CCGA Fitness Center Patron is defined as a current CCGA student, faculty, staff or registered member. Patrons are only allowed in the facility during normal operating hours.
- All students, faculty or staff must present their current MAC card at the staff desk upon entering the facility and swipe in. Mariner Recreation Staff members on duty will ensure a positive swipe is attained.
- Only valid patrons, who have signed the "Release of Liability Waiver", are allowed in the Fitness Center. NO EXCEPTIONS. No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the Fitness Center (CCGA students under the age of 18 must have parent's signature on the Liability Waiver).
- Fitness Center staff shall monitor overall room conduct and use of equipment. Patrons may not adjust televisions, or move any of the equipment. All plates should be removed and re-racked after use of the free weight and Hammer equipment.
- Backpacks, book bags, purses, and/or gym bags must be stored in the Men's and Women's Locker Rooms or provided cubbies. CCGA or Fitness Center staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Patrons are responsible for all valuable and personal items. Lockers are available for daily usage and are recommended; locks are provided free of charge.
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum are permitted in the Fitness Area, Gymnasium or Group Fitness Room. The only exception is a beverage in a sealed plastic container or bottle. A water fountain is available in the facility.
- Proper workout attire is required. Athletic shoes are required—no sandals. Shoes must have a rubber sole and must be laced and closed-toe. No apparel with rivets or other decorations that may tear upholstery may be worn (including blue jeans). Shirts must cover the mid-drift (no sports bras).
- It is recommended that all patrons utilize the provided towel to wipe down benches, upholstery, machines, and cardiovascular equipment after each use. There are disinfectant sprays available for equipment cleaning.
- Respect for equipment, facilities, and staff must be demonstrated at all times.
- Bars, weights, and dumbbells must be returned to the proper plate holders or rack after each use.
- Slamming or dropping dumbbells or weight stacks is strictly prohibited.
- No equipment shall leave the facility at any time.
- SPOTTERS must be utilized when necessary on all free weight equipment.
- WEIGHT COLLARS must be used on all bars at all times.
- Immediately report any Fitness Center-related injury. The staff member on duty will follow the "Emergency Operation Procedures". Also report any equipment irregularity to the staff member(s) on duty.
- Fitness Center staff will assist patrons with the operation of equipment which is unfamiliar in order to prevent patrons from unsafe equipment usage.
- Time is limited to 15 minutes on all cardiovascular equipment when someone is waiting.
- Patrons must follow all Fitness Center policies and demonstrate courtesy towards others in the facility at all times or risk losing their privileges.
Athletic Team Fitness Center Policies:
Note: Teams/Coaches/Athletes must abide by all applicable Fitness Center Policies.
- Athletic teams may use the Fitness Center outside of normal operating hours, but only if: a) Teams are accompanied by a coach or trainer; b) Usage does not conflict with for-credit courses that utilize the Fitness Center.
- If a Team uses the Fitness Center with their coach/trainer during normal operating hours, players will not be required to swipe in at the welcome desk. During normal operating hours, teams will not have priority over classes, students or faculty/staff as far as equipment/space usage is concerned.
- Individual Athletes seeking to utilize the Fitness Center without a coach/trainer during normal operating are subject to the same policies as other students and must present their CCGA ID to the Fitness Center Staff for access.
- Coaches and other Athletic Department Staff are subject to the same policies as CCGA Faculty/Staff.
- The Fitness Center or associated classes will not close for on campus Athletic Events if the event(s) occur during normal operating hours.
Coffin Gymnasium Court Policies:
- All students must present their current CCGA I.D. card upon using the Gymnasium.
- Only valid patrons, who have signed the "Release of Liability Waiver" are allowed in the Gymnasium. NO EXCEPTIONS. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to participate in Gym activities in the Gymnasium (CCGA students under the age of 18 must have parent's signature on the Liability Waiver).
- Only athletic footwear is allowed. Footwear which marks floor surfaces or is worn inappropriately is not allowed. This includes spectators.
- Athletic clothing only. Shirts are required at all times.
- Dunking is not permitted. This includes hanging on the rim and "popping" the rim.
- Hitting, kicking, or bouncing of soccer balls, basketballs, or other items against the walls is not permitted.
- No personal items are allowed on the basketball courts. All items must be properly stored in lockers.
- Do not move any equipment that is set up. Ask facility staff for assistance in moving any equipment.
- Spectators are to sit in designated areas only.
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum are permitted in the court area. The only exception is a beverage in a sealed plastic container or bottle. A water fountain is available in the facility.
Group Fitness Room Policies:
- All patrons must utilize their MAC card and swipe in at the welcome desk before using the Group Fitness Room.
- Only valid patrons, who have signed the "Release of Liability Waiver" are allowed to take the classes in the Group Fitness Room. NO EXCEPTIONS. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to participate in the classes (CCGA students under the age of 18 must have parent's signature on the Liability Waiver).
- Proper attire and shoes are required.
- No one is allowed in the Group Fitness Room while a class is in session unless they are participating. This includes children of participants or instructors.
- A Facility Request must be completed before activities, etc. can be scheduled in the Group Fitness Room.
- Any PHED Faculty has priority over usage of the Group Fitness Room at any given time.
- The Group Fitness Room will not be available for personal use.
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum are permitted in the Group Fitness Room. The only exception is a beverage in a sealed plastic container or bottle. A water fountain is available in the facility.