Programs and Services
Career Counseling Appointment
If you need help choosing a major/career or preparing for employment, contact Career Services and schedule an appointment with the career counselor. A typical career counseling session lasts 30 - 60 minutes. During your session, the career counselor will assess your needs and help you develop a Career Action Plan (CAP).
Job Application Assistance Walk-In
According to employers, your job application is just as important as your resume. If you have any questions or concerns, stop by Career Services during walk-in hours. Please bring a copy of the application, if possible.
Cover Letter and Resume Review Walk-In | Appointment
If you want an interview in today's job market, your cover letter and resume must be above reproach. Email your cover letter and resume to Career Services, or stop by during walk-in hours, for a detailed critique. Templates and other resources are also available.
Mock Interviews Appointment
Are you feeling nervous about an upcoming interview? Schedule a mock interview, with Career Services, to build confidence and rehearse your responses. Panel interviews can also be arranged with advanced notice (at least four weeks).
Graduate and Professional School Planning Appointment
Are you considering graduate or professional school? Schedule an appointment, with Career Services, to explore programs, schools, and entrance requirements. During your session, the career counselor will guide you through the admissions process. GRE, MAT, and GMAT resources are also available.
Career Resource Library Walk-In
Located in the Center for Academic Advising and Career Services, the Career Resource Library provides students and alumni with a variety of print and online resources. Whether you are interested in researching careers, comparing graduate schools, or exploring professional associations, the Career Resource Library has the information you need.
Career Fairs Walk-In
Career Services hosts two career fairs each year. Come dressed to impress and network with top companies/organizations. To learn how to prepare for the fair, visit Career Services during walk-in hours.
Guest Speakers and Workshops
Career Services hosts a variety of guest speakers and career development workshops designed to address the needs of both students and alumni. Look for emails and posters to learn more about upcoming events. If you would like to request a guest speaker or workshop, please contact Career Services.
Choosing a MajorFocus 2 Online Career and Education Planning
Students: Find JobsCoastal Career Link
Resume / Cover Letter
- Coastal Career Link is CCGA’s online resource for developing resumes and cover-letters. The system provides you with templates and examples and once you develop your resume or cover-letter, you can submit it electronically to be professionally reviewed by a Career Counselor.
- In addition, Career Services staff is available to assist you in writing resumes and cover-letters Monday through Friday. Contact Us (hyperlinked) to make an appointment.
- Coastal Career Link offers a vast array of career planning and job search resources.
- The Career Services Resource Library is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. The library contains resources on: Career Planning, Job Searching, Resume and Cover-letter writing, Interview Skills, Social Media Job Searching, Graduate School Preparation and more.
- Career Counselors are available Monday through Friday. Walk-ins are welcome but priority is given to students with appointments. Contact Us (Hyperlinked)to make an appointment.
The Backpack to Briefcase (B2B) Career Development Series is a career development program to help you prepare for your transition from the classroom to the workplace. Students completing the B2B Series will receive:
Download the brochure
- B2B certificate of completion
- Professional leather CCGA pad folio
- Career development program completion entry on their resume
- Special B2B nametag for use at career fairs
- Resume inclusion in a special B2B online resume book for employers
Employers: Post a JobCoastal Career Link
Employers: Post an InternshipCoastal Career Link
Employers: Recruit On Campus
Career Services regularly hosts the “Employer Spotlight Series”. These events provide employers with an opportunity to interact directly with students on campus. Only one employer participates at a time. Time slots are generally available weekly between 11:30 and 1:00pm in the Campus Center. Contact Us
for more information.
Career Counselors are available to make presentations on a variety of career related topics including: Careers in a particular major, Choosing a major/career, Interview skills, Job Search techniques, Dressing for Success, Resumes and Cover-letter writing, Graduate school preparation, Interviewing, and more. Contact Us
for more information.
Don’t Cancel That Class
Has something come up that requires you to miss a class? DON’T CANCEL THAT CLASS!
Let one of our Career Counselors fill in while you are away. We will bring one of our career related presentations to present to your class while you are away. Participation requires a 2 week notice. Contact Us
for more information.
Letter of Recommendation Download a sample letter of recommendation
Career Resources Library
The Career Services Resource Library is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. The library contains resources on: Career Planning, Job Searching, Resume and Cover-letter writing, Interview Skills, Social Media Job Searching, Graduate School Preparation and more. The Library can be reserved for small classes and computers are available for career research and career assessments. Contact Us
for more information or to reserve the Career Services Library.