Outstanding Staff Member Award
The "Outstanding Staff Member Award" recognizes and rewards a staff member who demonstrates outstanding performance, achievements, and innovation on the job. Please use this opportunity to recognize a deserving staff member.
The deadline for nominations for the 2016-2017 award is July 25, 2017. All nominations should be submitted to the Director of Human Resources:
Persons eligible to be nominated for this award are regular (non-temporary) employees without faculty rank or status. There are no limits on how many times a staff member may receive the award.
The person nominated should best exemplify excellence in a staff member during the year under consideration.
As an attempt to define "excellence," the following is meant to be a guide only and should not be interpreted as the only criteria by which nominations may be made. A nominee may qualify in one or more of the following or may be nominated on the basis of other demonstrations of excellence.
- Displays a positive attitude and genuine interest in the people with whom he/she works (i.e. courteous, helpful, friendly, handles stress effectively, etc).
- Demonstrates a high degree of work ethic (i.e. person of integrity, honesty, dedication, dependability, etc.).
- Understands and demonstrates the importance of students (i.e. enhances the students' learning environment/experience, student-oriented, treats students with respect, etc.).
- Supports the College and its goals in a professional manner (e.g. promotes the College, team player, attends College events).
- Displays innovativeness and creativity (i.e. suggests new ideas, methods, or procedures which are adopted to better accomplish tasks, to better serve the department, College, students, or public, or that save the College time and/or money).
- Special achievements or honors (i.e. professional growth or development achievements; distinguished service on college committees or special projects; recognition from community members for special service(s) performed; commendations for service(s) performed.