New International Student Orientation
The College of Coastal Georgia (CCGA) welcomes you as a new Mariner!
To assist you with the transition from your home country to CCGA, the Office of International Education requires that all new international students (holding an F-1 or J-1 visa) attend the mandatory New International Student Orientation.
The Fall 2017 international student orientation is scheduled for August 17, 2017. Please register for international student orientation online or contact Ms. Connie Toler for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 912-279-5735.Topics to be covered include:
- Introduction to academic life in the United States
- SEVIS and immigration
- Service set up: bank account, cell phone, immunizations, etc.
- Understanding what it means to be an international student (cultural immersion, travel expectations, safety, etc.)
Students must bring the following documents to the new student orientation:
- Original I-20 (F-1 students) or DS-2019 (J-1 students)
- Photocopy of page 1 of the I-20 or DS-2019
- Photocopy of passport (identification page only)
- Photocopy of F-1 or J-1 visa in passport
- Photocopy of passport page with port of entry stamp
- I-94 record (Note: this document can only be printed after entry to the U.S.)