Lost or Stolen MAC Card
If you believe your MAC card has been lost or stolen, please take action right away to deactivate your card to prevent it from improper use.
Deactivation by Card Office
Come to the Card Office to request a new MAC card. There is a $25 fee to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged card.
When your new card is made, your old card is automatically deactivated and the funds on your Coastal Cash account, Dining Dollars, and meal plans will automatically transfer to your new card. It's as simple as that!
Online Deactivation (eAccounts, 24/7)
This method of card deactivation can be used any time, from any computer.
- Login to your user account on the eAccounts site.
- Click on the "Card Service" tab, or the “Deactivate Card” link in the right side menu.
- Confirm that the card in the menu is yours, and click the "Deactivate Card" button.
- Once your deactivate card request is submitted, your card will immediately be deactivated. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- If you locate your lost card before it is replaced, you can reactivate the card by clicking “Activate Card” on the same page.
- If you card is truly lost or stolen, come to the Card Office to request a new MAC card. When your new card is made, funds on your Coastal Cash account will automatically transfer to your new card.
- Do I have to call the Discover 800 number on the back of my MAC card?
Since the Discover debit account that is linked to your MAC card is not a functioning account at this time, you do NOT have to call the number on the back of your card to deactivate your account.
- Does it cost anything to get a new MAC card?
Yes! The MAC card replacement fee is $25, so please try to keep it safe!