College of Coastal Georgia Founders' Day
Founders' Day Festivities Friday, October 21 – Saturday, October 22, 2011
President Valerie A. Hepburn and the Trustees, Alumni,
Faculty and Students Invite You to Attend
College of Coastal Georgia’s Inaugural
Founders’ Day Weekend 2011
In Celebration of the College’s 50th Anniversary.
RegistrationTo register please visit our Founders' Day Registration page.
Founders' DayIn celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Chartering of College of Coastal Georgia, we invite you to join us for the inaugural Founder’s Day Weekend. Whether you are an alumnus from the first graduating class of 1966 or new to our community, we look forward to having you on campus. To get things started, we will be offering signature "kick-off" events taking place on the College's official anniversary - Friday, October 21st. Tours of the campus with an open house will be offered.
Then, our Southern Storyteller Series continues with a concert performed by Randall Bramblett on Friday evening on the grounds of the St. Simons Island Lighthouse Lawn beginning at 7pm. Tickets will be $10.00 for general admission but free to alumni, students, faculty and staff upon presentation of their id.
We look forward to seeing you at both events as well as the many other 50th anniversary celebrations planned for the coming year. For a complete listing of all 50th events, visit www.ccga.edu/foundersday.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 21st
- 8:30 – 11:00 am Alumni Association Hospitality Tent - Campus Center sidewalk
- 2:00 – 6:00 pm Campus Open House and Programming
- 50 Years of Seaswells located at Campus Center
- Tie-dye t-shirts and student competitions
- Live Beach Music on Campus Center Lawn
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm Alumni Advisory Committee Meeting - Health & Sciences Building,
- 7:00 pm Concert– Randall Bramblett at the Lighthouse Lawn – St. Simons Island.
For the concert, bring a picnic or contact at 912.638.9100 to order your catered picnic meal.
Saturday, October 22nd
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am “What a Difference 50 Years Makes” - Breakfast with our
Campus Center – Mariners Galley
Moderator – Tony Wege
- 10:45 am – 12:00 noon Back to School (topics of interest to general population)
- The Economic Mess: Present and Future – presented by Dr.
William “Skip” Mounts, Dean of the School of Business and Public Affairs
Location: Campus Center - Stembler Theatre.
- The Pulse of Teacher Preparation in Georgia – A panel
discussion with the faculty from the School of Education and Teacher Preparation
addressing the actions taken by teacher preparation programs across the state and
at the College of Coastal Georgia to produce highly qualified new teachers in a
continually increasing environment of accountability.
Location: Coffin Building – Events Room, second floor.
- Nursing and Health Sciences – A series of simulation scenarios
highlighting SimMan and SimBaby. Participants will be able to listen to heart sounds,
feel pulses and watch as different scenarios are programmed in to the high fidelity
simulation manikins such as hearing them talk, moan, turn blue around the lips etc.
Location: Health and Science Building - Simulation Lab, second floor.
- The Environment – A Discussion with faculty from the Department
of Natural Sciences Dr. Eugene Keferl and Rebecca Yeomans.
Location: Jones Science Building - Room 150.
- The Economic Mess: Present and Future – presented by Dr. William “Skip” Mounts, Dean of the School of Business and Public Affairs