Travel Policies and DocumentsPlease contact Chastity Knowles at 912.279.5752 in the Business Office if you have any questions.
Key Changes in the new State Travel Policy
|New Travel Expense form must be used immediately. Travel form updated as of January 1, 2015
|Travel Expense Statements must be submitted to the Business Office within
45 calendar days of the date of return. Expenses submitted in excess of 60 calendar days WILL NOT be reimbursed.
|For overnight trips, traveler will receive 75% of allowable per diem on day of departure
and return regardless of depart and return times.
|Meal per diem was amended for Non-Overnight travel to remove the 75% reimbursement restriction. When eligibility requirements are met, an employee may receive 100% of the meal per diem for single day travel, if gone for more than twelve hours.
|For air travel, reimbursement for only one (1) checked bag is allowable. If
additional baggage is needed for business purposes, the business purpose must be
|Business Class flights are reimbursable for international travel only when a non-stop
portion of the flight exceeds 10hrs.
Out-of-state per diem rates no longer include the $5 incidental expense. Rather, actual incidental expenses will now be reimbursed separately for both in-state and out-of-state travel. “Incidental expenses” for travel purposes have been clearly defined within the policy.
The State of Georgia Certificate of Exemption of Local Hotel/Motel Excise Tax form has been updated and is attached below.
Important Mileage Reimbursement RequirementsAdditional requirements implemented for mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle.
- Employees traveling on State business must use a temporary fleet vehicle, if available.
- If a temporary fleet vehicle is not available, state employees must choose the least expensive option between a rental vehicle or mileage reimbursement for use of their personal vehicle. Rental Cars should be used when it is determined that it is the most economical form of transportation.
- To determine the most cost effective means of ground transportation, refer to the car rental cost calculator form (link below). Form MUST accompany ALL mileage reimbursements
- Any mileage reimbursement that does not include the car rental cost calculator form, or the form indicates that rental vehicle would be more cost effective and personal motor vehicle is used, the employee will be reimbursed for business miles based on the tier 2 rate which is currently 0.23 per mile.
- You may reserve a car directly from the link on the car rental cost calculator form. It is quick and easy. You will pay for the car when you pick it up and seek reimbursement for it with your travel expenses.
- Mileage between Main and Camden Campus are excluded from the car rental cost calculator requirement. It has been predetermined that it is most economical to reimburse personal mileage for travel between campuses.
- Airline tickets may be direct billed to the College by contacting The Travel Service on St. Simons Island at (912) 638-6888. A Travel Authorization must be on file.
- It is recommended to make hotel reservations directly with the hotel property as opposed to using online travel sites like Expedia or Travelocity. Using these services, you are not guaranteed to have taxes waived and could result in non-reimbursable expenses.
- All reimbursements must include ORIGINAL ITEMIZED RECIEPTS; a customer's copy of a charge slip is NOT an itemized receipt.
- Travel expense checks will no longer be held for pick up in the Bursar’s office. Your travel may be reimbursed via direct deposit (form below) or the check will be mailed to your home address provided on the travel expense form.
All Mileage/Travel reimbursement must meet the following criteria
- Office and Home addresses must be completed at the top of the Expense Statement.
- Daily personal commute miles from residence to work (one-way) must be filled in.
- Dates AND times must be completed in the meal sections.
- When completing the Personal Vehicle Mileage section, the following
- Origin/Destination must specify either Home, Main, or Camden (or other specific location if traveling away from campus)
- Commute (and personal if any) miles MUST be entered when not leaving or returning directly to and from Campus.
- Employees should use methods such as Google maps or MapQuest to calculate actual travel distances. A copy of the results must be attached.
- Car rental cost calculator form MUST be included in all mileage reimbursements except for mileage between campuses.
- Car Rental Cost Comparison Tool
- Georgia In-State Per Diem Rates
- GSA Mileage Update
- Out of State Domestic Per Diem Rates
- International Per Diem Rates
- Georgia State Travel Regulations
- Statewide Travel Policy: 2013 Update Highlights
- Board of Regents Travel Regulations
- Travel Authorization
- GA Hotel Motel Tax Exempt
- Sales Tax Certificate of Exemption
- Car Rental Cost Calculator Form
- NEW! Travel Expense Form Effective January 1, 2015
- Travel Expense Form for All Travel Prior to January 1, 2015
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form (submit with voided check and attach to travel expense form to be enrolled in EFT processing)